Alerts are stored events based on set criteria that can be used to trigger external events such as sending a notification to users when a condition occurs.
We provide the following alert types:
- Pass - an API call has met the pass conditions (by default a simple HTTP 200)
- Warning - an API call has triggered a warning (by default a 4XX result)
- Error - an API call has triggered an error (by default a 5XX result)
- SLA error or warning - the call has exceed expected times or part of the call has
- Pass but Slow - the call is outside of an expected parameter
Alerts can be set on an API by API basis or globally in the Alerts section of the side navigation.
Fill in the dialog on the Alerts & Webhooks page to create the alert.
You can choose the trigger alert criteria (Pass, Slow, Warning, Error).
The alert type can be via email or any of a number of Webhook services.
By default, alerts are sent by email. Alerts can also trigger a Webhook event (see above).